OTO Machines BOUM Warmth
BOUM is based on an original and unique circuit, including the following stages :
INPUT GAIN: boost your signal up to +18db to adapt BOUM to many signal levels, and also improve the distortion content and the compression sensitivity.
COMPRESSOR: with a single knob, control the 3 essential parameters of a compressor, threshold, ratio and makeup gain, without thinking of how a compressor works! The ratio ranges from 1:1 (no compression) to inf. :1 (limiter), but also negative compression up to 1: -1!
6 different Attack and release times are available for fine-tuning.
LO CUT FILTER: attenuate the distortion content of the bass frequencies, making your distorted sound easier to mix with the original one, with this 6 dB/Octave lo-cut filter.
DISTORTION GENERATOR: choose one of the 4 different distortion circuits:
- BOOST: soft clipping amplifier, perfect for subtle harmonic enhancement.
- TUBE: asymmetrical tube distortion emulator based on MOSFET technology. Generate mostly a second harmonic distortion.
- FUZZ: symmetrical hard clipping amplifier, similar to an overdriven mixer preamp.
- SQUARE: pure square wave generator based on a comparator. The ultimate fuzz!
HI-CUT FILTER: soften the high frequencies with this smooth and musical 12 dB / octave low pass filter.
NOISE GATE: remove the noise coming from the different treatments, or use it for interesting chopping effects.
All these analog effects are packaged in a compact format, with 36 user presets and full MIDI control.
BOUM will give you a wide range of compression, distortion and filtering effects, ranging from subtle harmonic enhancement to an insane square distortion, and everything in between!
• Analog signal path and sidechain
• One knob compressor (ratio 1:1 to 1: -1) with attack & release parameters • 4 distortions: Boost, Tube, Fuzz and Square
• Variable hi-cut filter, 12 dB /oct, from 20 kHz to 10 Hz
• Gate with threshold up to 0 dB for production purpose
• Input gain up to +18 dB
• Lo-cut filter: Flat, 75 Hz, 150 Hz, 300 Hz
• 36 user presets
• MIDI input: BOUM responds to CCs, Pgm change, Note
• Nice and simple user interface via 16 white LEDs
• Rugged steel enclosure
• Neutrik® jack connectors
• Power supply included